If you’re involved with the blogging world, you probably know that the Liebster Award is given out to new blogs. Basically the whole point is to discover new blogs and give each other a pat on the back. I was nominated by Jannika (and her two lovely cats!) over at Travel Without Ends, so thank you Jannika! Here are the questions she asked me, along with my nominations and my questions for my nominees!
- If I die tomorrow, where should I travel today (convince us!)? I have to say Paris! I am moving there for a year in June, so it would crazy for me to say anywhere else. I haven’t been there, but I feel the city of love calling to me, and I think it’s a place everyone should visit at some point. Also, if anyone reading this does visit Paris within the next year or so, reach out to me so we can meet up!
- Can you imagine to travel with a pet? I wish I could travel with my pet cat, Cheetah, as he is mischievous and would love the adventure, but taking him from America to Europe would be a bit difficult…also, I’m actually allergic to anything fluffy. However, this doesn’t stop me from wanting to adopt a cat in Paris!
- According to you what is the one thing we should do or keep in mind when travelling? Be open to trying crazy new things! Get off the beaten path and be spontaneous – don’t get stuck in a crazy strict itinerary.
- What do you always carry with you when travelling (apart from passport)? Some sort of lip product, usually a matte lipstick. I always try to look classy for my destination…although that doesn’t always happen.
- Did you ever regret to go on a journey or travel-related adventure? I haven’t regretted both the trips I have and haven’t taken; I think when a trip is meant to be, it’ll happen, and vice versa.
- Please give me one sentence that describes what travel means to you. Travel is the freedom to explore and discover new things not only about the world, but also about ourselves.
- What was the best food/ drink you tasted ever and where can I find it? The Shortberry Strawcake at Big Gay Ice Cream in NY, NY is delicious and holds lots of sweet memories for me, as I lived directly above the shop for 3 months. It’s a must do if you’re in the city!
- Your remedy for feeling lonely on a trip? Ask someone to coffee! If you have friends where you are, ask one of them; if you don’t, ask someone at your hostel or a fellow traveler you meet. Also, don’t stay in your room, go explore!
- If you had all the money in the world, how would it change the way you travel? I don’t think it would change that much. I’d probably travel a bit more, and maybe indulge in first class, but other than that, I wouldn’t want to change my traveling that much. Part of traveling is meeting new people and getting out of your comfort zone, which might be a bit hard if you lounge in a 5 star hotel all the time.
- Why do you blog? I blog to share my stories/memories/adventures/travels with others. I want to make people laugh and I am grateful that I can do so by doing something I love – writing.
- Can you show me your favourite inspirational quote or picture? One of my favorite quotes is from Coco Chanel, saying “The bravest thing you can do is to speak your mind.”
My 11 questions for you:
- What inspires you?
- If you could visit me in Paris, what is one thing we’d have to do?
- What is your biggest goal with your blog?
- What is your biggest fear?
- Would you rather be wealthy stuck in one place or poor but able to go anywhere?
- Donuts or coffee?
- Most embarrassing moment?
- How do you start your day?
- What do you do when you don’t feel like writing?
- What’s the absolute best thing to watch on Netflix?
- Which of your dreams/goals scares you?
And with that, the Liebster is done! Be sure to tag me in your post so that I can read your answers!